Most parents think that potty training boys is a slightly slower process than that for girls. There are no proven facts for this or for when to potty train boys as at last every kid is unique and has his or her special learning abilities. But this article lists some great tips that can help you prepare your son for the same with ease.
- The more you stay involved in your boy’s daily routines, the simpler it will be for you to identify what works best when it is about tutoring him for this aspect.
- As a majority of parents claim, it is better to train sons initially sitting down until they have learned the basics.
- You must encourage your child to pee standing up only once he has learned to have complete control over his bladder and bowel muscles. It will help avoiding the occurrence of accidents, such as peeing or pooping on the floor.
- To ensure that your child gets proper training and does not make bigger mistakes it would be wise if the training is offered by the father rather than the mother.
- One of the finest tips for potty training boys is to reward them for every time they do it correctly. You can give them a toy or prepare his favourite meal, and more to ensure that they do it the right way to gain more rewards.
If you have twins or probably a daughter, then you must also be looking for a perfect answer to when to potty train girls. Well, just like boys, even girls require proper training before they do it all correctly, but as per most of the instances, girls are fast learners than the boys, and hence, you may expect an easier training session. Some tips that can make the overall training experience much easier for you and your little girl are:
- Girls tend to show readiness signs three months earlier than the boys. If you have an older female sibling, then you can begin even earlier.
- Just like most toddlers, even girl toddlers imitate their parents. So, if possible try to get her to copy the mother. To make the experience more meaningful, you can even narrate short, sweet stories to her.
- Girls have a stronger desire to stay clean than boys. So, there are possibilities that your girl may learn to do her job correctly than your boy. You just have to pay more attention towards your girl to make sure that she stays clean, and she enjoys the overall experience of preparing for something new and important.
With all this, preparing boys for this basic activity can be quite trickier than training the girls. But following these tips can help you train your toddlers better and in less time. Besides these tips, you can develop your unique ways that may suit the unique requirements of your toddler and help him or her to gain mastery in this imperative and essential subject.